Vision, Mission & Values
We envision a world where intimate partner violence is a distant memory and healthy relationships prosper.
The Cherokee Family Violence Center enhances the safety of those impacted by intimate partner violence through services that empower victims while advocating for a community standard of zero tolerance for violence in the home.
- We respect and honor our clients’ individual paths, and encourage them to use their strengths in attaining personal empowerment.
- With a focus on personal safety and growth, the services we provide are innovative and forward-thinking.
- We embrace diversity and provide culturally responsive services delivered with compassion and respect.
- We foster a coordinated response by working closely with the community and encouraging volunteer involvement.
- We are committed to high standards of honesty, absolute confidentiality and accountability for our actions and words.
- We value the history and longevity of our organization and commit to our sustainability and growth through fiscally responsible policies and community education.
- Because system change is integral to client safety, we work toward a global paradigm shift that assumes equality for all.