CFVC is Hiring: Spanish Hotline Advocate
The Cherokee Family Violence Center (CFVC) in Canton, GA is currently searching for a Spanish Hotline Advocate:
Job Summary: The Spanish Hotline Advocate responds to incoming calls from victims of domestic violence for a statewide Spanish language crisis line. Hotline advocates will provide translation, assistance with finding shelter, community referrals and support to incoming callers. Advocates are hourly employees scheduled on an as needed basis. This is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year shelter awake position. Hotline advocates are supervised by the Multicultural Shelter Operations Manager and the Multicultural Program Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect demographic information on all calls, document caller needs and options discussed into the computer system; document referrals given to callers and maintain accurate records of incoming clients.
- Respond to caller’s requests for domestic violence materials (I.e. brochures, flyers, posters, handouts and other promotional materials).
- Perform routine chores and cleaning tasks assigned by shift to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the shelter facility.
- Maintain office space: stock office supplies, stock personal care items for residents, photocopy necessary forms.
- Model non-violent conflict and resolution and use non-violent forms of guidance.
- Participate in end of shift procedures and turnover.
- Maintain client files, agency files, statistics, forms and other record keeping as required.
- Take the appropriate steps when dealing with emergency situations with the goal of maintaining the safety of all clients.
- Adhere to agency policies and work guidelines, including confidentiality, child abuse reporting, and code of ethics.
- Attend mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work sensitively with traumatized populations, including children.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to multitask under stressful situations.
- Ability to work overnight and weekend shifts.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to perform physical tasks: move objects, bend, lift up to 30 pounds, and to walk up and down stairs repeatedly.
- Certified (or willing to become certified) in CPR for children and adults, and First Aid
- Basic computer navigation skills to include email and Microsoft Office
- Must be fluent in Spanish
Send Resume to: Pilar Sarmiento
Email: [email protected]
No phone calls.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.