Cherokee County is a beautiful, thriving community. We have wonderful friends and neighbors who are a major part of what makes life here so good. Unfortunately, the statistics on Domestic Violence indicate that one third of these cherished friends will at some point be victims of domestic violence. These are our daughters, our sisters, our mothers, our neighbors and our co-workers, and CFVC has been working since 1985 to provide saftey, shelter, and support for them.
We envision a world where intimate partner violence is a distant memory and healthy relationships prosper.
The Cherokee Family Violence Center enhances the safety of those impacted by intimate partner violence through services that empower victims while advocating for a community standard of zero tolerance for violence in the home.
- We respect and honor our clients’ individual paths, and encourage them to use their strengths in attaining personal empowerment.
- With a focus on personal safety and growth, the services we provide are innovative and forward-thinking.
- We embrace diversity and provide culturally responsive services delivered with compassion and respect.
- We foster a coordinated response by working closely with the community and encouraging volunteer involvement.
- We are committed to high standards of honesty, absolute confidentiality and accountability for our actions and words.
- We value the history and longevity of our organization and commit to our sustainability and growth through fiscally responsible policies and community education.
- Because system change is integral to client safety, we work toward a global paradigm shift that assumes equality for all.