Residents of Hearthstone Landing are offered supportive services and resources through Cherokee Family Violence Center. Residents are assigned a Family Advocate who offers non-judgmental support, validation, encouragement, and acknowledgment of strengths. Residents are encouraged to attend CFVC’s three educational classes: Positive Parenting Program (Triple P), Financial Empowerment, and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). CFVC invites all residents to attend weekly support groups and to bring their children to children support groups. There are community events and activities in the apartment complex such as cook outs, games, barbecues, etc. Residents also have access to the swimming pool, basketball court, and playground. Once a year, residents must pass a DCA inspection and attend a yearly Reflection Panel. The resident is responsible for following community rules and Section 8 rules provided by DCA and Apartment Manager. The yearly Reflection Panel gives the resident the opportunity to discuss their progress and goals with the Housing Department.
- All residents are assigned a Family Advocate. To contact your advocate, call 770-479-1804 and ask to speak to your advocate or dial their extension if you know it. Residents are encouraged to have an ongoing dialogue with their Family Advocate.
- All residents are encouraged to attend all the classes: “Triple P,” Financial Empowerment, and Intimate Partner Violence. To attend, call your Advocate.
o “Triple P,” Positive Parenting Program: CFVC’s Advocates format the sessions to give parents help with their child’s problem behaviors while encouraging self-sufficiency. There are two formats offered. Option 1 consists of 4, one hour, individualized sessions with an Advocate. Option 2 entails attending 3 seminars on different aspects of parenting.
o Financial Empowerment: Includes topics such as understanding what financial abuse is, differentiating between a financial need and a financial want, developing a spending plan, the effect of credit on your finances, and information about checking accounts.
o Intimate Partner Violence: 12 week course covering topics including power and control, healthy relationships, and effects of domestic violence on children.
- All residents are invited to attend weekly support groups. Support Group is an open group. On Monday, there is Adult Support Group for victims/survivors of domestic violence. On Tuesday, there is Adult Support Group, Adult Spanish Support Group, and Children’s Support Group. On Tuesday, childcare is provided for children three years of age and younger.
- All residents are invited to attend community events and activities like cookouts. Churches, schools, and other organizations ask to do events and activities especially around holidays and summer. We love community collaboration!
- All residents are responsible for following community rules and DCA rules. Residents are encouraged to review their lease and Hearthstone Landing Resident Handbook.
- All residents’ apartments are inspected once a year by DCA.
- All residents are encouraged to attend a Yearly Reflection Panel. The Yearly Reflection Panel is a time for the Housing Department. The panel gives the resident the opportunity to discuss their progress in the program, what their goals are, and an overall check in with the resident.